WP Google Drive Plugin
We are Released New wp google drive plugin to make back of your wordpress site files to google drive.
Exclusive tutorial on How to Backup your WordPress blog to Google Drive. It is always recommended to backup your WordPress blog, which includes files (themes, plugins etc) and SQL tables (all your blog posts, comments, drafts etc are stored as tables in database).
Whenever your blog is gone (due to unsecured activities or some other reasons), these backups will help to get back your blog. In some cases, using 3rd party plugins and themes can also lead to malfunction of your blog, here also these backups helps to retain back your blog.
Reasons to Backup WordPress Blog to Google Drive
- Its a Google Product and is free to use up-to 5GB.
- Can get access to backups on any of the devices like Smartphones, Tablet PC’s, Laptops etc.
- Backups will be uploaded in quite less time (sometimes based on internet connection also).
- Highly Secure and reliable service, so there wont be any loss of data in the process.
- Backups can be shared with your blog partners (if have any) with a single click of mouse
How to Backup WordPress blog to Google Drive
Download and Install Google Drive for WordPress plugin from official WordPress plugin repository.
Here is the step-by-step guide that helps to backup your WordPress blog to Google Drive. Brief list of things you have to do in this tutorial:
- Follow this link Google APIs Console and login to your Google Account.
- Go to “API Access” tab and click on “Create an OAuth 2.0 client ID”
- In the pop-up window, give a product name and upload logo before clicking on “Next” button.
- By default “Web Application” will be selected and don’t change it.
- In “Your site or hostname” section, click on “More Options” to expand link sections.
- Click on “Create Client ID” and you have successfully created a Client ID using Google API Console.
- Copy the Client ID and Client Secret from API dashboard and paste them in “Configure Google” page.
- You have to authorize the plugin by clicking on “Allow Access” button.
- Allow Access to the Plugin and the entire setup has been successfully installed.
Check Out : WordPress Plugin
How to automatically Backup WordPress blog to Google Drive
- Now, you can configure this plugin further by entering the custom folder ID of your Google Drive.
- Also define the maximum number of backups (use any positive integer in that field).
- Set the frequency of backup and everything will be automatically stored in your Google Drive.